Key responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- All aspects of import and export Letter of credit transactions, standby letters of credit, bonds and guarantees. Reviewing counterparty invoices against export LC terms for presentation to issuing/confirming or negotiating banks.
- Review purchase and sale contracts to ensure correct credit terms apply.
- Agreeing and arranging discounting of receivables under export LCs
- Dealing with queries relating to counterparty KYC and sanctions checks are necessary.
- Liaise with banks and counterparts when necessary to ensure timely receipt of issuance of financial security, receipt of payments and delivery of cargoes.
- Booking of Trade Finance charges in the internal systems
- Management reporting as required.
- Provide cover in the absence of other members of the Trade Finance team when required.
- Establish good working relationship with traders, operations, financial operations and Treasury teams.
- Agreeing daily OTC margin calls
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Educated to degree level with a solid academic background.
- Relevant current work-based Trade Finance experience, gained in a trading company or Commodity Bank is a must.
- A sound working knowledge of UCP 600, ISP98 and Incoterms.
- Flexible approach – strong influencing and decision-making skills.
- Ability to inspire teamwork and set high standards.
- Professional, corporate, and keen to improve and build relations.
- Letters of Credit
- Oil Industry
- Trade Finance