With a vision to be identified as a trusted client advisor, our clients are national in reach, local in service and selected for their quality and expertise in the built environment. They are a leading, forward thinking multi-disciplinary consultancy in the business for over 80 years.
They are a multi-award winning business that has retained its family culture and values where the health and wellbeing of their staff is taken seriously. They have a well-being initiative ‘Healthy Together’ and an active staff social club where you will get the opportunity to meet other colleagues for social and fun occasions and build friendships along the way.
We have an opportunity for a Partner – Civil/Structural Engineer; the successful candidate will be working within a busy group of Civil and Structural Engineers. The Partner should be professionally dedicated, innovative and enthusiastic with a flexible approach to work.
You will be reporting to the Partner in charge of the department (Group Leader) and will be involved in the group management, business development, mentoring of staff and be responsible for the timely and cost-effective delivery and management of projects. Interaction with Clients and other members of the Design Team will be a key undertaking of the position. The role will also include design of civil or structural elements where required. You should pay attention to detail and be adaptable, demonstrate good oral and written communication skills and have an organised, mature and professional attitude.
- 35 Hours a week
Key responsibilities for this role include but not are not limited to:
- Report to, and take direction from, the Group Leader in the Civil and Structural Engineering team.
- Business Development and winning work.
- Team Development and Client management.
- Prepare design programmes for production deliverables.
- Prepare formal technical proposals and fee bids.
- Supervise and mentor Engineers and Technicians within the team.
- Financial and resource management of projects.
- Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure that deliverables are issued to programme, to the required quality standard and within the budget set by the Group Leader.
- Assist in pursuing late payments by Clients.
- Undertake survey inspections and produce written reports to a high standard.
- Prepare reports, general correspondence, etc. as required in connection with the running of projects.
- Undertake scheme and detailed design as appropriate on individual projects, including preparation of detailed design calculations, checking drawings and other deliverables where required.
- When required by the Group Leader, assist other members of the Team to complete tasks, particularly in relation to meeting project deadlines.
- Liaise with other members of the design and construction team, representing the Civil and Structural Engineering Group.
- A Degree specifically in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Chartered Member or Fellow of Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Experience of leading a Civil & Structural Engineering design team on projects with construction values in excess of £40M.
- Proven leadership skills, including business development, client relationship management, technical leadership, team building and motivation.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write compelling proposals and deliver engaging presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Competent and reliable designer in structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
- Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, techniques and procedures.
- A high level of understanding of project management principles and practices.
- Sound knowledge of construction contracts and professional agreements and experience in negotiating fee agreements.
- Familiar and empathetic with all forms of building construction.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to produce written reports to a high standard.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, motivated, personable and confident.
- Team worker with good communication and people management skills through a mature and professional attitude.
- Proactive individual with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Hold current UK driving license.
- Proficient in the use of analysis and design software (TEDDS, TSD, etc).
- Experienced in refurbishment and change of use designs as well as new build work.
- Experience in selling multi-disciplinary consultancy services
- Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary project teams comprising internal teams and sub-consultants.
- An understanding of contract administration and experience of document management systems would also be advantageous.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service