A unique new opportunity has been created for a Senior Quantity Surveyor within a low carbon/sustainable-led residential developer in Oxfordshire.
This role has been created as a result of significant financial backing and expanded growth plans at a low carbon/sustainable-led developer. The organisation has excellent sustainability credentials and a unique offering to the market which has secured new funding. The business is looking to grow their teams to support with these plans. In the Commercial Department there is a new opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor in the team based in Oxfordshire.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor you will work end-to-end on new projects as well as having a wider remit to support the development and implementation of new processes and procedures. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the land appraisal process with estimation activities
- Overseeing the development of project budgets working closely with the design/technical and construction teams
- Managing project financials including reporting, forecasting, cash-flow management, etc.
- Coordinating with the construction teams and undertaking project reviews to ensure accurate management of invoicing/payment processes
- Close out of final accounts and support of the overall handover process
- Assisting in the development of processes and procedures that are scalable as the business grows
- Involvement in the future recruitment process and ultimately management of a team
As a suitable applicant for this Senior Quantity Surveyor position you will:
- Demonstrate a commercial background in residential development
- Have up to date knowledge of costing/pricing for materials in the residential market
- Ideally have some estimating/budget setting experience and be comfortable overseeing a project through delivering
- Show the ability to work independently of systems/processes and ideally have a background in helping to develop/improve processes
You must have the right to work in the UK. You will also be happy working full-time in the office and regularly travelling to site(s).
The offer to the successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will be between £60,000-£80,000 (depending on experience) plus a package including 5% matched pension, company incentive scheme, travel expenses, and other benefits.