SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER
We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join our clients’ growing team in their Leeds office and the chance to apply your creative design skills on a variety of challenging, high profile projects as part of their structural and civil engineering design team. This is a permanent position.
Their projects include the provision of civil engineering designs for external spaces associated to building or public realm. These include below ground drainage and road design from feasibility to construction stage as well as preparing drainage strategy report and flood risk assessments to support planning applications.
The role will include leading infrastructure projects associated with buildings and landscape projects (roads and drainage), management and development of the civil engineers, graduates, and apprentices.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Design of projects from the concept stage through to the construction stage
- Understanding of Health and Safety principles and their application to design and construction
- Management and development of team members
- Developing good relationships within the design team
- Development of client relationships
- Assisting directors in seeking out and securing new opportunities
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Senior Civil Engineer with excellent technical skills supplemented by outstanding IT capabilities who enjoys working collaboratively taking responsibility for projects from inception to completion to achieve outstanding results.
You will ideally have proven experience in a similar environment working in a design consultancy with relevant UK experience and good knowledge of all areas of civil engineering design.
The role will require the following experience:
- Drainage schemes associated with buildings, highways, public realm and landscape projects
- Highway and pavement design, associated with building and landscape projects
- Liaising with Local Authorities and working on sections 38, 278, 104 and 106 agreements
- Ground modelling and cut and fill analysis
- Drainage strategy reports
- Flood risk assessments
- Civil engineering construction principles and standards
- Practical knowledge of design software
- Design standards and legislation
Essential technical skills
- Excellent technical aptitude and in-depth knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, PDS, and Causeway Flow or MicroDrainage for drainage design
- Working knowledge of Navisworks, Autotrack and NBS
- UK experience in a similar leading design consultancy with demonstrable knowledge of varied civil design skills
Your personal skills
- Highly motivated and passionate about the built environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Organized and methodical with particular attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Have a pragmatic approach and possess strong problem-solving techniques
- Be commercially aware.
- Team player with flexible approach
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships at all levels with clients and employees alike and across across the wider design team.
- Able to manage Client expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- civil engineer
- Causeway Flow
- civils 3d. microdrainage