Job title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 + package
Our client is an award winning multi disciplinary design consultancy with a number of offices across the UK.
They are looking to recruit a Senior Infrastructure Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have a broad experience in highways and drainage infrastructure design. The right candidate will be a senior figure in our infrastructure team delivering projects from initial planning and feasibility through to detailed design and construction phases. The right candidate will have a proven track record with the following skillset as a minimum requirement:
Civils & Drainage
- Ground modelling/cut and fill analysis.
- External level design.
- Preparation of surface water and SuDS drainage strategies for planning applications.
- Private and adoptable drainage designs.
- Foul and surface water flow and network analysis for gravity and pumped systems.
- Implementation of SUDs designs.
- Dialogue/negotiation with relevant third-party stakeholders.
- Drainage consents, approvals and Section 104/106 agreements.
- Preparation of flood risk assessments would be advantageous.
- Looking at all aspects of different junction designs for private and local authority schemes.
- Horizontal and vertical alignments design.
- Pavement specification and design.
- Sign specifications, white lining, swept path analysis and designing for deliveries.
- Traffic calming schemes.
- Designing for pedestrians including all types of cycleway and footway enhancements.
- Preparation of Section 278/38 designs and agreements.
- Will have led infrastructure design on an extensive range of projects for both technical and non-technical clients.
- Mentoring and development of other engineers, graduates and technicians on design concepts, engineering theories and best practice.
- Meeting with clients, key stakeholders and other professionals.
- Fully conversant with all key UK drainage and highway design standards.
- Competent use of AutoCAD, Microdrainage, AutoTrack, Civils 3D, PDS sign and line packages as well as Microsoft Office.
- Be able to prepare a range of civil engineering reports including, but not limited to, drainage strategies, utility reports, technical notes and transport feasibility studies.
- Preparation of fee proposals and project briefing notes.
- You will be expected to be involved in business development, seeking opportunities to market the business and develop project opportunities.