The purpose of the role is to deliver the whole spectrum of building consultancy services to a varied range of commercial clients across the South West and the wider UK.
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- The ability to produce clear and concise written reports and recommendations.
- A keen team member, with the ability to accept responsibility and work on their own initiative.
- Good client relationship skills.
The job will require someone who is a qualified Member of the RICS (MRICS), ideally with a Degree in Building Surveying.
- Pre-acquisition Building Surveys and Schedules of Condition.
- A good working knowledge of IT is essential, in particular a familiarity with Microsoft Office packages and CAD.
- A full driving licence is essential.
The role will be to assist in the promotion and development of the Building Consultancy Team, whilst supporting the activities of the Plymouth Commercial Team, and wider Firm, in achieving targeted fee income and will include:
- Preparing specifications, tendering and providing contract administration services.
- Preparing technical drawings on Auto CAD for project instructions.
- Requisite statutory approval applications.
- Project monitoring services on behalf of lenders for various construction projects.
- Preparing feasibility studies and sketch scheme designs for a wide variety of building types.
- Preparing Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedules.
- Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations.
- Preparing schedules of condition.
- Preparing Party Wall etc. Act 1996 notices and agreeing Awards.