With a vision to be identified as a trusted client advisor, our clients are national in reach, local in service and selected for their quality and expertise in the built environment. They are a leading, forward thinking multi-disciplinary consultancy in the business for over 80 years.
They are a multi-award winning business that has retained its family culture and values where the health and wellbeing of their staff is taken seriously. They have a well-being initiative ‘Healthy Together’ and an active staff social club where you will get the opportunity to meet other colleagues for social and fun occasions and build friendships along the way.
You will lead on Project co-ordination, contract administration and perform general Surveying duties across a range of projects and clients.
- 35 Hours a week
Key responsibilities for this role include but not are not limited to:
- Receiving Client instructions and agreeing fee proposals for various projects and professional surveying instructions in conjunction with group leaders.
- Surveying and reporting on both commercial and residential properties. This includes building surveys, defect investigation reports, schedules of conditions and planned maintenance surveys.
- Dilapidations, including surveys, preparation of schedules and negotiating settlements.
- Party wall matters including advising Clients, serving Party Wall Notices, recording schedules of condition and agreeing and publishing awards.
- Acting as Lead Consultant for various refurbishment projects of both commercial and residential properties. Includes briefing clients, design, coordinating consultants, local authority consultants, specifying, cost advice, tendering, drafting contractual documents ad contract administration.
- Acting as Project Manager, Project Co-ordinator or Employer’s Agent for commercial projects with varying degrees of involvement, including agreeing terms for consultant appointments, advising and preparing contractual documentation, cost advice and general coordination of project teams performance.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be relevant to this post.
- Demonstrate good oral, written communication and personal presentation as the role is client facing and you will be required to give presentations, chair meetings and prepare professionally written reports to a high standard.
- You will need to demonstrate your resilience as this position attracts a high volume of work and at times, can be a pressured environment.
- Be organised and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
- You will need to manage client expectations skilfully and bring solutions to challenging situations.
- Be able to work under own initiative and also as part of a team.
- The role will include an element of mentoring junior staff.
- You will be required to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a clean driving licence.
- Professional Integrity
- Technical Expertise
- Solution Focused
- Reliable Personal Service