With a vision to be identified as a trusted client advisor, our clients are national in reach, local in
service and selected for their quality and expertise in the built environment. They are a leading,
forward thinking multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy in the business for over 80
They are a multi-award winning business that has retained its family culture and values where the
health and wellbeing of their staff is taken seriously. They have a well-being initiative ‘Healthy
Together’ and an active staff social club where you will get the opportunity to meet other colleagues
for social and fun occasions and build friendships along the way.
You will be reporting to the Partner in charge of the department (Group Leader) and will be involved in
the group management, business development, mentoring of staff and be responsible for the timely
and cost-effective delivery and management of projects. Interaction with Clients and other members
of the Design Team will be a key undertaking of the position. The role will also include design of civil
or structural elements where required. You should pay attention to detail and be adaptable,
demonstrate good oral and written communication skills and have an organised, mature and
35 Hours a week
Key responsibilities for this role include but not are not limited to:
Receiving Client instructions and agreeing fee proposals for various projects and professional
surveying instructions in conjunction with group leaders.
Surveying and reporting on both commercial and residential properties. This includes
building surveys, defect investigation reports, schedules of conditions and planned
Dilapidations, including surveys, preparation of schedules and negotiating settlements.
Party wall matters including advising Clients, serving Party Wall Notices, recording schedules
of condition and agreeing and publishing awards.
Acting as Lead Consultant for various refurbishment projects of both commercial and
residential properties. Includes briefing clients, design, coordinating consultants, local
authority consultants, specifying, cost advice, tendering, drafting contractual documents ad
Acting as Project Manager, Project Co-ordinator or Employer’s Agent for commercial projects
with varying degrees of involvement, including agreeing terms for consultant appointments,
advising and preparing contractual documentation, cost advice and general coordination of
project teams performance.
Any other reasonable duties that may be relevant to this post.
Demonstrate good oral, written communication and personal presentation as the role is client
facing and you will be required to give presentations, chair meetings and prepare
professionally written reports to a high standard.
You will need to demonstrate your resilience as this position attracts a high volume of work
and at times, can be a pressured environment.
Be organised and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
You will need to manage client expectations skilfully and bring solutions to challenging
Be able to work under own initiative and also as part of a team.
The role will include an element of mentoring junior staff.
You will be required to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a
clean driving licence.
Reliable Personal Service
We have an opportunity for a Partner – Civil/Structural Engineer with relevant degree to join our.
The successful candidate will be working within a busy group of Civil and Structural Engineers. The
Partner should be professionally dedicated, innovative and enthusiastic with a flexible approach to
• Report to, and take direction from, the Group Leader in the Civil and Structural Engineering team.
• Business Development and winning work.
• Team Development and Client management.
• Prepare design programmes for production deliverables.
• Prepare formal technical proposals and fee bids.
• Supervise and mentor Engineers and Technicians within the team.
• Financial and resource management of projects.
• Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure that deliverables are issued to
programme, to the required quality standard and within the budget set by the Group Leader.
• Assist in pursuing late payments by Clients.
• Undertake survey inspections and produce written reports to a high standard.
• Prepare reports, general correspondence, etc. as required in connection with the running of
• Undertake scheme and detailed design as appropriate on individual projects, including preparation
of detailed design calculations, checking drawings and other deliverables where required.
• When required by the Group Leader, assist other members of the Team to complete tasks,
particularly in relation to meeting project deadlines.
• Liaise with other members of the design and construction team, representing the Civil and
Structural Engineering Group.
• A Degree specifically in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Chartered Member or Fellow of Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers.
• Experience of leading a Civil & Structural Engineering design team on projects with construction
values in excess of £40M.
• Proven leadership skills, including business development, client relationship management,
technical leadership, team building and motivation.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to write compelling proposals and deliver
engaging presentations to existing and prospective clients.
• Competent and reliable designer in structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and
• Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, techniques and procedures.
• A high level of understanding of project management principles and practices.
• Sound knowledge of construction contracts and professional agreements and experience in
negotiating fee agreements.
• Familiar and empathetic with all forms of building construction.
• Good attention to detail.
• Able to produce written reports to a high standard.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Self-starter, motivated, personable and confident.
• Team worker with good communication and people management skills through a mature and
• Proactive individual with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Hold current UK driving license.
• Proficient in the use of analysis and design software (TEDDS, TSD, etc).
• Experienced in refurbishment and change of use designs as well as new build work.
• Experience in selling multi-disciplinary consultancy services
• Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary project teams comprising internal teams and
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our
quality and expertise in the build environment.
Reliable Personal Service