Quantity Surveyor – Dorset – Retail, Commercial AND Leisure Design and Build
My client is a second-generation family owned and managed business delivering main-contracting services to the Retail, Commercial and Leisure sectors.
- To provide a Quantity Surveying service across a range of projects to ensure they are delivered on time and within budget achieving margin expectations. The role is accountability to commercial functions, forecasting, accurate contract cost reporting and to mitigate contractual risk.
|2. Position Typically Reports to:|
- Surveying Director.
|3. Key Accountabilities and Deliverables:|
- Contributes to project commercial strategies and takes ownership for all labour, vendor, plant and sub- contract packages.
- Demonstrates personal drive and commitment to achieve Board expectations.
- Develops positive relationships with sub-contractors, vendors, customers and consultants.
- Demonstrates understanding of internal and external tender plan build up and profit structure.
- Ensure that the procurement process has best value principles.
- Demonstrates awareness and control of main risks and opportunities.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of sub-contract T&C’s relevant to main contract.
- Prepared to take up development opportunities outside of surveying expertise.
- To undertake work in accordance with the Company’s H&S Policy and other procedures. To take reasonable care of the H&S of myself and any other person who may be affected by my acts or omissions at work. To cooperate with any H&S duty or requirement imposed by the Company, and to use anything provided by the Company for health, safety or welfare in accordance with its purpose.
|4. Key Tasks:|
- Deliver accurate and meaningful cash flow & cost forecasting information.
- Provide regular cost to complete and CVR reporting.
- Provide and maintain procurement and information received schedules.
- Place all orders with the relevant appendices, information, payment terms etc. and issued in a timely manner to avoid delays on site.
- Contribute to relevant project procurement strategies with particular reference to:-
- Issuing tender enquiries
- Package reconciliations
- Production of sub-contract orders / letting in accordance with the buying document.
- Maximise project value by effective management of sub-contract with a positive cash profile.
- Manage and complete relevant sub-contract and main contract contractual records including the production of timely interim and final account information with variation management.
|5. Key Tasks (Cont’d):|
- Demonstrates understanding of client and consultant drivers – clarity on client expectation and requirements.
- Comply with policies and best practices.
- Makes good quality decisions and understands the importance of making profit and maximises opportunities and minimises risks.
- Agree progress claims with the client’s representative and invoice.
- Measurement and valuation of sub-contractor and J M Scully accounts.
- Attend pre-start and progress meeting with project team.
- Provide monthly reporting information for the Project Review Meeting.
- Promote J M Scully through professional image and work ethic.
|6. Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:|
- Measurement and valuation.
- Sub-contract orders and vendor buying principles.
- Knowledge of obligations under contract, sub-contract, claims, loss and expense.
- Knowledge of construction methods and technology.
- Administration of contract methods.
- Contract Law.
- Continuing Professional Development.
- Commercial skills, maximising value recovery, cost control and cash management.
- Ability to use / understand financial reports and final accounts.
- Ability to form and develop relationships with PQS, design team and supply chain.
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to work effectively with site management and rest of the team.
- HNC Building Studies / Quantity Surveying (minimum requirement).
- BSc in Construction / Quantity Surveying.
|Contact Name:||Russell Roberts|
|Salary:||£35,000 – £45,000 PA + Package|