Quantity Surveyor (Carpentry, Joinery, Fit Out)
|Contact Name:||Bhavick Raja|
|Salary:||£30-50k pa plus package (based on experience)|
We are working with an established, specialist carpentry contractor, who over the last twenty years have been offering a full range of design and build services taking on all manner of carpentry and joinery works, all aspects of roofing, timber frame construction and fire stopping installation.
They are seeking at least one mid-level to senior QS to come and join their tight knit growing team due to an increased pipeline of projects.
They work within a range of sectors from commercial to residential to schools and new build. If you have experience within any of these areas along with fit out or carpentry/joinery experience, we would be keen to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Compile detailed estimates from BoQ’s or Taking Off from drawings
- Finalise estimates & tender submissions with management & commercial colleagues
- Prepare interim valuations and agree final accounts, track the certification and payments
- Identify & document variations to contract & agree values
- Identify & document delay, disruption, extensions of time etc., & agree values
- Procurement of sub-contractors including detailing scope, agreeing prices/rates and producing sub-contract documentation
- Manage sub-contract accounts including, validation of progress payments, value variations and agree final accounts
You will have:
- Recent experience in a similar role – minimum of two years (post grad/qualification)
- Knowledge of construction technology, processes and materials
- Understand the various building contracts in current use
- Valid CSCS card and driving licence
Alongside the usual benefits this role would be suited towards someone keen to find a role with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
To find out more please call Bhav on 0789914994.