Our client is now looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their busy team in London!
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who is motivated and ambitious with the offer of a competitive salary along with the potential for fantastic career progression.
Quantity Surveyor Duties:
As an Intermediate/Senior Quantity Surveyor you will provide commercial expertise and be responsible for the financial delivery of the assigned projects to ensure that they are procured and delivered within budget, to Programme and to the highest quality whilst exceeding company expectations.
You will be reporting to the Senior Project Manager/Construction Director and running monthly reports, costings, contract / sub-contract packages and variations. There will be a team of Project Managers working alongside you on these projects. Primarily office based with site visits for meetings and valuations
Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- A degree in Quantity Surveying (BSc or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years’ QS experience working on a range of projects and values
- Developer, PQS or main contracting experience
- Experience of both pre and post contract administration including preparing cost plans,
- estimates, measurement for bills of quantities, tendering & procurement, value engineering, tender reporting, valuations and final accounts
- Wide knowledge of Construction Industry processes and procedures
- Technical knowledge of building materials, techniques and systems
- Experience in cost reporting and financial controls
- Thorough knowledge of current forms of contract
- Computer literate – excel/word/etc.
- Hold a full clean driving licence
- MRICS qualified or seeking qualification
- Must approach problematic situations head-on, be prepared to be a sounding board and able to provide appropriate solutions
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Confident with negotiating
- Professional approach
- Diplomacy and confidentiality
- Confidence to deal with people at all levels
- Experience of Propman would be preferable but not essential