The role of an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor is multifaceted and necessitates providing exceptional service to colleagues and clients of the company. It entails handling all interactions in a professional and attentive manner. The role encompasses the following responsibilities
Intermediate QS main duties will include:
- Preparing Variations for review by project team.
- Agreeing value of variations with support of project team
- Preparing Application for Payment for review by Directors
- Preparing contract documents for labour only & domestic sub-contractors
- Assessing and agreeing labour only sub-contractor’s interim applications
- Assisting buying department with material procurement costs and forecasts
- Reviewing material schedules provided by project team.
- Monitoring preliminary spend and forecast
- Attending site and developing strong relationships with our site teams
About the Candidate:
The Intermediate Quantity Surveyor should possess the drive and energy to provide support to the project team as needed and the confidence to seek assistance from others when necessary.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious and enthusiastic about assuming additional responsibilities.
- Strong financial and numeracy management skills.
- Proficient in negotiation techniques.
- Computer literate, including proficiency in Excel, Word, etc.
- Effective communicator with the ability to contribute to continuous improvement within the team and organization.
- Possession of a full UK driving license as site visits will be required.
- The applicant must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Company events
- Company pension
- 22 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- On-site parking
- Private health cover
- Monday to Thursday: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm