As the company’s Health and Safety Adviser you will be required to provide expert knowledge to site management and staff in order to generate and promote a positive health and safety culture on our projects. This represents a key role in helping control occupational risk and monitoring compliance.
You will be responsible for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted and to help plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that the company is statutorily required to follow and that in place as part of the company’s policies. A key aspect of the role will involve working towards minimising operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents, incidents and injuries.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
· Assisting in preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy where required
· carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced;
outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
· carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are
being properly implemented;
· planning practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices;
· attending safety committee meetings;
· negotiating with managers and operators to try to eliminate conflict between production and safety considerations;
· making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with
· Assisting with in-house training for managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
· keeping records of inspections findings and producing reports that suggest