Graduate Building Surveyor
£25,000 to £30,000
£4K Car allowance
Our client is seeking an experienced Projects/Building Surveyor to join their in-house surveying team, which is part of a larger Estates Department overseeing Buildings, Services Engineers, and CAD Technicians. This role involves providing Building Surveying services and will require travel across the UK. The ideal candidate should have either completed or be nearing completion of the APC (support and assistance will be provided)
Key Responsibilities for the Graduate Project and Building Surveyor:
- Collaborate with Asset Managers, in-house solicitors, and Property Managers to evaluate and execute various works such as strip-outs, white boxing, alterations, defect diagnosis and repair, oversight of tenant’s proposals, and more.
- Prepare feasibility reports in different formats to provide Asset Managers with the necessary information to assess the viability of deals.
- Manage pre- and post-design activities, as well as contract administration.
- Engage, advise, and oversee third-party specialists, including Building Control, Planning, etc.
- Conduct a predetermined number of planned maintenance reports across the portfolio on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure effective communication and implementation of advice and processes.
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
- Liaise with competent Contractors and Suppliers and ensure full compliance with the CDM Regulations.
- Serve as the Principal Designer for projects.
- Foster effective teamwork and provide support to colleagues.
- Develop financial plans to ensure cost stability, minimize financial surprises, reduce work in progress (WIP), debt, etc.
- Establish control systems to fulfill statutory, policy, and contractual obligations.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and local regulatory requirements.
Person Specification for the Project and Building Surveyor:
- Strong understanding of Building Surveying disciplines, whether qualified or not.
- Ability to confidently undertake professional work, including Contract Administration.
- Proficient in managing health, safety, and compliance.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in developing briefs and scopes of work, from feasibility and tender stages to site implementation and completion.
- Pragmatic and business-focused with a hands-on approach to work.
Qualifications/Training for the Project and Building Surveyor:
- Professional qualifications are preferred but not essential.
- Familiarity with databases such as Horizon, SharePoint, or OneDrive is beneficial.
- Proficient in MS Office software and computer resources.
- Possession of a full UK driving license.