Well established and growing commercial property company.
In addition to base salary there is a yearly bonus and extensive benefits.
- To work in conjunction with both the Building Management team and Facilities Management in promoting good customer relationships, providing a positive experience within the building and minimising disruption to client’s business operation.
- Understanding and contributing toward the Customer Journey within the properties and being a proactive force for identifying, communicating and resolving issues that could impact this.
- Assisting in ensuring sites are maintained in a clean, tidy and good decorative / operational order.
Undertaking general maintenance duties, decorative tasks and first-fix repairs to fixtures/fittings and building services.
- To carry out regular (daily and weekly) health & safety and compliance checks to ensure the buildings provide a safe environment for all users.
Maintenance & Repair Duties:
- To monitor and assist with keeping the common parts and landlord demise areas in good repair, décor, clear of obstructions and free of litter.
- To carry out first fix repairs where possible and if required providing additional information to the FM so the correct contractor can be instructed to make the appropriate repair and minimise disruption to clients.
- Work with the FM and building teams to keep the building in good decorative order and to undertake painting and decoration works as required.
- To work with the Facilities team’s electronic maintenance management software, responding to, escalating, recording and completing planned and reactive maintenance tasks in accordance with the completion date assigned by the FM
- Liaising with the FM on visits by service contractors, i.e. general maintenance, lifts, fire, security etc. and in the absence of the FM keeping the building team informed.
- Assisting in site inductions/ toolbox talks with contractors to ensure they follow ‘Guidance for
Contractors’ guidelines. Ensuring any works will not disrupt the day-to-day operation of our Customers and providing feedback to the FM on the performance of these contractors.
- To gain a good understanding of the services within the buildings, e.g. boilers, heating, drainage and electrical infrastructure etc. to enhance resolving minor issues in a timely manner.
- As instructed by the FM and in tandem with any outsourced cleaning contractor or landscaping provider, ensuring the exterior of the building, car park, and garden areas are kept free of rubbish, graffiti and weeds.
- Contributing to business waste and recycling objectives by regularly monitoring and managing waste areas and providing feedback to the FM as required.
- To utilise and work with our electronic maintenance management systems to ensure all required audit trails and records are maintained. Ensure reactive jobs requiring escalation are recorded.
- To support the security strategy and installation within the buildings- regularly checking internal and external doors are secure and where installed access control is operational.
- Assist with supervising contractors on site where required. This will include site inductions and toolbox talks to ensure the work areas are safe and protected prior to commencement and are clean upon completion.
Health, Safety & Compliance:
- To assist with, and carry out where necessary, the Health & Safety Management strategy for sites including daily internal and external building checks to ensure the site is safe, clean, secure and fit for normal use.
- To carry out the weekly safety and operation checks for items such as lift auto-diallers, panic alarms and for areas such as roof space, plant rooms, riser cupboards etc.
- To assist with the Fire Safety Management strategy for buildings including weekly Fire Bell Tests and checks on fire doors and sprinkler systems. Additionally, undertaking monthly emergency light checks and supporting with 6 monthly fire evacuation drills.
- To meet compliance with HSE Guidance, to carry out weekly flushing of water outlets and month water temperature checks.
- For all the above, ensuring accurate and legible information is recorded and uploaded to our electronic maintenance management system for review by the FM.
- Where safety and compliance is at risk, any area of concern should be immediately escalated to the FM.
- To act in a pro-active, ‘can-do’ manner in conjunction with both the building & FM teams Management to deliver safe, secure, compliant and clean buildings minimising disruption to customers.
- Engaging with business waste and recycling targets, including daily checks on waste areas and reporting to the FM on volumes, segregation, customer misuse etc
- Ensuring all tools and equipment are properly maintained, used according to manufacturer’s instructions and that all safety instructions /regulations are followed whilst using said equipment.
- To wear and use suitable and appropriate personal protective equipment(PPE) where necessary.
- Carry out monthly utility meter readings and enter onto a central database.
- To attend relevant training sessions as required.
- Provide cover or support to other buildings as may reasonably be required by the FM.
- Any other general duties assigned by the FM.
- Providing a proactive approach in identifying issues or tasks to the FM that require resolution before they escalate.
- Building Maintenance
- Building Management
- Facilities Management
- Health Safety
- Safety Compliance