We are seeking an Estimator to read tenders and prepare accurate and competitively priced estimates.
A proven record or working effectively with suppliers and clients is essential as is the ability to identify and propose savings through valued engineering and strategic and efficient buying gains.
The Commercial Director will liaise with the Estimating Manager and allocate one or more projects to the Estimator who will prepare accurate estimates for the projects by gathering information and analysing important metrics.
- Preparation of a professional pricing schedule to support the scope defined in the tender documents
- Allocating the appropriate quantities and unit rates to a detailed analytical pricing document, utilising SCL in-house tender pack or, with prior agreement of SCL senior management, an alternative method
- Pricing a detailed set of preliminaries in accordance with the bid inquiry document and SCL calculation of duration
- Defining the ‘Terms and Conditions’ for prices to work
- Preparation of SCL programme so that it accurately reflects the scope as defined in the pricing document
- Ensuring accurate registers are maintained for all sub-contractors and suppliers and that all comparisons are accurate and filed in a tidy order
- Keeping and maintain a register of issued tenders and their adjustments on the SCL server
- Issuing samples in accordance with submission document and keep a register
- On Project handover form allocate responsibility to a named Commercial Manager/QS for the ongoing monitoring and administration of samples
- Proven experience as Estimator or similar position
- Competent to tender for more than £40 million/year of general
- Issuing all Reports as latest SCL Meeting Planner
- Fit Out/Joinery sector experience essential