My client is well known Civil Engineering & Groundworks based in Cumbria, who are seeking an experienced Estimator as part of their five-year growth plans.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As an Estimator within the Civil Engineering & Groundworks team you will be responsible for managing multiple tenders from initial enquiry through to contract award. Your other roles and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- To understand and be able to interpret and prepare a groundworks bill of quantities from drawings provided
- To complete a full cost analysis of the potential project.
- To prepare a commercial review of contract terms and complete the risk / opportunities register
- To work closely with internal teams to support the bid process and ensure all tenders are completed to the highest standard and within tight deadlines
- To send tender enquiries to subcontractors and suppliers to ensure appropriate quotations are provided for projects
- To make cost effective suggestions for alternative solutions and products (Value Engineering)
- Five years of experience estimating in the Civils/Groundworks space
- Considerable experience in delivering Civil Engineering and Groundworks projects valued between £10,000 and £2m
- Working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, Design Management, Programme & Risk Management
- Wide experience of civils and groundworks markets including Industrial, Commercial, Infrastructure, Residential, and Energy