My client is a well-established family run company based between Bath, Bristol and Wells Somerset. They work across an array of sectors including high end property restoration /conservation and New build residential along with Commercial, Industrial, Schools and Hospitals. Project values ranging in value from £100k up to £6m. They currently have a number of projects on including The National Trust, private domestic refurbs and extensions, school extension, new build industrial unit and new build units for housing associations. They currently employ 11 direct staff and their turnover is in excess of £25m.
A great opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join this well-established family run company.
In return, you can expect a competitive salary plus package including an outstanding pension and opportunity to work in a friendly, professional environment.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Proven Estimating/pre-contract management experience
- Strong building experience/background with extensive Knowledge of Restoration, Conservation and New Build Works
- Knowledge of different procurement methods
- Must be self-motivated with ability to work alone but also part of a team
- Able to read and interpret Architects specifications and drawings to a high standard
- Good understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- Capable of financial analysis
- Maths and IT skills to produce professional quotations from inbound tenders
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Keen attention to detail
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Job Type: Full-time
- Required experience: Estimating: 3 years