Location: New Eltham OR Basingstoke OR Copthrone
Rate: £400 p/d – £475 p/d Outside IR35
Duration: 6 months +
Start Date: ASAP
Do you have experience as an Estimator? Do you have a Civil/Railway background? Are you looking for an Outside IR35 position? If yes, then this is the opportunity for you!
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Estimator to lead and manage the overall Estimating function of the Business.
The role will have the responsibility for ensuring Estimating processes are followed, bid/no bid decisions are taken, and competitive, profitable bids submitted and won.
- Manage the Estimating process and team overall.
- Understand the tender pipeline in the medium/short term and procure/recruit the skills in the Estimating team to develop successful bids.
- Managing and motivating the team; linking personal development goals with the company’s objectives wherever possible.
- Work closely with the Bid and Project teams to understand customer drivers and develop winning strategies for bids.
- Ensure tenders are evaluated and tender action plans prepared in line with the Bid strategy, estimating guidelines and directives on margin and cost and are submitted to deadlines.
- Carry out the role of Estimator on certain Bids.
- Coordinate the team to work in collaboration with colleagues from across the business preparing and submitting accurately costed and competitive bids.
- Ensure Estimators compile the price in a thorough, logical and consistent manner and ensuring the finalised estimate is properly signed off in accordance with procedures.
- Provide the Commercial team with information and support so they can agree final terms and sign off on the contract.
- Ensure risk and opportunities are identified and properly evaluated to develop a winning submission.
- At least 7-10 years estimating experience with involvement in infrastructure projects in the construction industry, ideally in Rail, Building, Highways and M & E.
- Higher level (HNC or Degree) qualification in construction, engineering or related discipline
- IT proficient in MS Office, in particular Excel and estimating software
- Experienced in leading and developing a diverse team including managing performance and skills development
- A positive attitude with high levels of commitment to challenges and professional standards taking ownership and accountability for own actions and decisions
- A team player, operating cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness
- Holds a full driving licence