Civil Infrastructure Design Engineer – Bristol/Remote
£38,000 – £42,000
We have a great opportunity for a Fully Remote Design role, including Highways, Drainage and Infrastructure.
The project variety is excellent and projects range in size and complexity. They frequently work with the buildings teams to deliver the associated infrastructure and they play a key role in the overall project coordination.
The core skills within the group are:
- Highway Design, Detailed Drainage Design, Flood Risk Drainage, SUDS, earthworks, pavement design, level strategies, utilities and access road designs. This consultancy is typically appointed from feasibility through to construction and often advise throughout the construction period.
You will be committed to your own professional development ideally by working towards, or have already achieved, an appropriate professional qualification.
Requirements and skills
The successful candidate will have experience and knowledge in the following:
- Owning and delivering civil engineering design packages.
- Below ground drainage design, with experience in the preparation of drawings, sections and schedules.
- Pavement design, with experience in the preparation of drawings and details.
- Experience or awareness in the development of proposed levels for a scheme taking into consideration existing constraints and project requirements.
- Able to coordinate with other engineering and architectural disciplines, and liaise with them in a collaborative manner.
- Able to write concise design reports and notes.
- Able to identify gaps in information required and prepare survey specification to obtain this data.
- Able to work with internal and external clients in order to agree mutually agreeable outcomes.
Essential software skills:
- General excellent computer literacy
- AutoCAD or MicroStation
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
Preferably, the successful candidate will also have experience and knowledge of the following:
- Design of sustainable urban drainage systems and knowledge of the governing legislation.
- Flood Risk Assessments.
- Good digital skills in terms of transfer of data between internal and external parties.
- Ambitious digital skills in terms of creating efficiencies in the way we work and presenting information.
- Earthworks design and the preparation of contract information.
- Utilities planning and coordination.
- Design of minor access roads and service yards.
- Able to comment on and develop site masterplans in conjunction with design teams.
Beneficial software skills:
- Civil 3D
- Digital design tools, such as Navisworks