Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS or Assoc MRICS) – Cumbria
£45,000 – £55,000 + Car / Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
My client is a leading and established Architectural and Surveying practice.
With year on year business growth, they are now looking to recruit a professional, motivated and enthusiastic MRICS building surveyor. (Assoc MRICS may be considered).
The purpose of the job is to deliver building surveying and general practice surveying services to a range of commercial, block management and residential sector clients in and around Cumbria.
The job will require someone who is a qualified Member of the RICS, with minimum 3 to 5 years’ PQE and will preferably have previous experience within a firm of chartered surveyors.
- A willingness to undertake local business development initiatives, and increase develop the building consultancy service delivered from their office in Cumbria.
- Pro-active self-starter with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- High level of attention to detail and an enquiring mind.
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- The ability to produce clear and concise written reports and recommendations.
- A keen team member, with the ability to accept responsibility and work on their own initiative.
- Good client relationship skills.
- A good working knowledge of IT is essential, in particular a familiarity with Microsoft Office packages, excel and CAD.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Experience undertaking Building Surveys, Homebuyer reports and Schedules of Condition.
- Knowledge of Planning and Building Regulations.
- Experience in the design and refurbishment of existing buildings and administration of Building Contracts.
- Defect Analysis – Identifying & analysing disrepair in a building, preparing reports explaining what is wrong and how to put it right.
- Dilapidations claim experience with ability to read and understand lease covenants.
- Party Wall work.
- Experience in health and safety procedures, CDM and DDA.
- A full driving licence is essential.
- Serving party wall notices, preparing and agreeing party wall awards
- Preparing specifications, tendering and monitoring construction works on site.
- Preparing drawings on Auto CAD for projects.
- Planning and Building Regulation applications.
- Preparing Planned Maintenance Schedules.
- Building Surveys and Homebuyer reports
- Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidations.
- Measured Surveys of Land and Buildings.
- Valuations for 90-year lease extensions and freehold acquisitions under the Leasehold Reform legislation. (if no experience training will be given)
- Development of existing Clients.
- Compliance with Company & RICS standards and procedures