Assistant Estimator – Dorset – Retail, Commercial and Leisure Design and Build
My client is a second-generation family owned and managed business delivering main-contracting services to the Retail, Commercial and Leisure sectors.
- To provide estimating assistance to the Estimating Director in preparing tender costs for projects for settlement ensuring a competitive net tender.
|2. Position Typically Reports to:|
- Estimating Director.
|3. Key Accountabilities and Deliverables:|
- To assist the preparation of competitive SOR’s, negotiated tenders, cost plans and traditional competitive tenders in line with contract documentation.
- Work with the Estimator to deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting.
- To undertake work in accordance with the Company’s H&S Policy and other procedures. To take reasonable care of the H&S of myself and any other person who may be affected by my acts or omissions at work. To cooperate with any H&S duty or requirement imposed by the Company, and to use anything provided by the Company for health, safety or welfare in accordance with its purpose.
|4. Key Tasks:|
- Check and acknowledge tender documents and amendments.
- Abstract information into subcontract and material packages.
- Select subcontract and material companies in conjunction with wider team.
- Organise copy of tender documents and amendments for appropriate parties.
- Arrange pricing document production – internal or external as required.
- Enter pricing document onto database as required.
- To assist in the production of project take-offs for various trade packages.
- Answering queries from subcontractors/suppliers.
- Arrange site visits as required.
- Assist in the pricing of the various elements of the scheme.
- Attend Adjudication Meeting and assist with presenting a net tender for agreement/approval.
- Prepare information packages for handover to construction team, if successful.
- Attend handover meeting and assist with briefing team on tender bid.
- Attend pre-contract Design Team Meetings as required.
- Cost Planning.
- Attend project debrief, collating feedback from site to update pricing database.
- Identification of project related risks.
- Identify scope for value creation / value engineering.
|4. Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:|
- Knowledge of the construction industry.
- Understanding of various construction methods.
- Understanding of costing and pricing.
- Knowledge of sub contractors and suppliers.
- Knowledge of tender process and document management.
- Research Methods.
- Reading & interpreting drawings and technical specifications
- Measurement of construction works
- Risk Assessment.
- Data Analyses and Pricing.
- Software Management.
- Minimum HNC / HND Level 4 qualification
- Construction or Quantity Surveying Degree.
|Contact Name:||Russell Roberts|
|Salary:||£25,000 – £35,000 PA + Package|