Agency: UCA Consulting ltd
Contact Name: Malcolm Smith
Contact Email: Malcolm@ucaconsulting.uk
Telephone: 0208 429 5138, 4295297
Job Role: Newly Qualified Solicitor
Salary – 25k – 28k
The client is a boutique firm, and a reputable firm of solicitors in Harrow providing expert legal advice nationally and internationally. They offer a bespoke service to our clients in a warm and friendly manner which is pragmatic and affordable to meet the needs of their clients.
The role involves undertaking Fee-Earning to adequate standards of accuracy and efficiency under supervision.
1. To ensure that all work carried out or exceeds the requirements of the LAA Standard Contract, the SRA Code of Conduct and meets Quality Mark Standards.
2. Dealing with indoor and outdoor casework for the team.
3. Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases.
4. Dealing with correspondence.
5. Administrative tasks to include assisting with post, photocopying, speaking with clients on the telephone and taking instructions and/or messages.
Skills: Drafting of legal documents.
1. Liaising with clients.
2. Negotiating with relevant authorities.
3. Advisory skills, advising clients on relevant process.
4. Counselling of clients.
5. Computing, both WP and computerised time costing.
6. File, Case Management and Billing skills.
7. Researching into specific aspects of relevant Law.
8. Time Management, working to set deadlines.
9. Attending Court with Counsel.
10. Advocacy where possible.
11. Attending PLO meetings.
If you feel you are right for this role please do not hesitate to send us your CV.