Agency: UCA Consulting ltd
Contact Name: Malcolm Smith
Contact Email: Malcolm@ucaconsulting.uk
Telephone: 0208 429 5138, 4295297
Job Role: Junior Estimator/ Contract Coordinator
Job Location : South Reading, Berkshire
Salary: £21,500.00 + dependant on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
The client has over 44 years’ experience supplying and installing security fencing to the commercial, industrial and public sector and within the education sector. They will assess, survey and offer the fencing system fit for purpose and to suit each client’s budget.
As an Estimator/ Contracts Coordinator you will become part of the core team and be responsible for overseeing projects from initial concept through to the completion and aftercare. Experience within commercial fencing is desirable.
If you wish to take the step up the ladder to Management, or, if you have experience running contracts in a Construction environment then we would be interested in hearing from you. Training and guidance will be provided. We are looking for Self-motivated candidates who can demonstrate confidence in their ability to fulfil the requirements of this role.
- Experience/ knowledge of construction site processes.
- CSCS beneficial.
- Evidence of the ability to solve problems and deal with difficult situations.
- Own transport to office required.
- Knowledge of commercial fencing types and installation processes for fencing, gates and related products
- Experience in supervision of tradesmen
The ability to contribute to a cohesive team environment is essential, as is a full UK Driving licence.
In addition to a competitive salary, a company vehicle for travelling to site surveys will be provided and enrolment into the company pension scheme once qualified.
Duties to include:
- Assisting installation teams on multiple sites
- Liaising with clients, as required, throughout each project
- Assisting with site Health and Safety
- Producing site specific RAMS for each project
- Assisting with materials control
- Planning of deliveries with supply chain
- Full control of site plant hire
- Installers project paperwork is correct
- material and plant control: 1 year (Preferred)
- construction industry: 3 years (Required)
- problem solving: 1 year (Required)